Denver 303.425.4466 Toll Free 888.425.4466
"Your Colorado Health Benefit Specialist"
An individual plan is much easier to customize to your specific needs and is typically less expensive than group plans in Colorado. However, until 2014, personal health insurance plans are medically underwritten, so the applicant and dependents must be reasonably healthy to qualify.
If you have medical conditions, please contact us or call direct at 303.425.4466. We may be able to help you find a carrier more favorable to your situation or it may be possible to set you up on group coverage that is guaranteed issued if you are self employed.
Design tailor made solutions to lower costs or fill gaps of health policies.
In order to keep health insurance costs manageable, many are choosing to raise deductibles, increase co payments, and increase out of pocket expenses. However, there are numerous voluntary supplemental products that can help pay for these added costs, or even cover loss of income if they are injured or suffer an illness.
It is important to compare plans and pricing from all major health insurance companies. We provide free online comparisons for private health insurance quotes. If you are ready to purchase a policy, an agent can quickly do a comparison specifically for your personal needs and explain in detail the best carrier and options for you.
Compare Carriers and Plans
Individual Health Insurance
Whether you are starting new coverage in Colorado, are up for renewal or would simply like to look into lowering costs, our agents can be an invaluable tool. If you would like the assistance of an agent please contact us or call us direct at 303.425.4466.
Health Shop ® 7823 W 38th Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033 Phone (303) 425-4466 Fax (303) 420-8988
In today's market and changes due to health care reform, it is more important than ever to have a broker represent your interests. As the Colorado Health Benefit Exchange becomes operational in October 2013, there will be ongoing changes and requirements throughout the next 4 years. Individuals must be aware of new federal and state laws to understand your options and how to avoid penalties.
Copyright 2013: Health Shop | Insurance Agency Denver | All rights reserved.
"We help you find the right plan at the right price."
- A Fee is expected for plans purchased "on" the Exchange of 1.4 percent of premium, pending further guidance.
- If an individual qualifies for a subsidy / tax credit, you must purchase a qualified health plan through the Exchange in order to receive it.
An individual will no longer be allowed to apply for health insurance coverage throughout the year. You must purchase during open enrollment from October 1st to December 15th for a 1st of the year effective date.
Exceptions: if an individual loses coverage through no fault of their own, ie: loss of group plan coverage or Cobra exhaust.
Updates to Individual insurance and applying for health insurance coverage in 2014.
- For 2014 only, the open enrollment period will be extended through March 15, 2014 for an April 1, 2014 effective date to avoid penalties.
- The HHS has released the online application on our marketplace is expected to be to be a 20 page process, up to 60 pages depending on qualification determinations.
- Carriers will offer qualified health plans on the marketplace as well as a portfolio of individual plans offered off the exchange only.
- Plans available on the marketplace (exchange) will also be available off the marketplace and are required to be offered at the same exact price.
Health Shop can complete a market analysis and ensure your current plan is the right one for you.
Free Quotes and Consultations
utilize the services of a broker and have a broker represent you?
Did you know Colorado insurance rates are fixed by law, so there is no additional cost to